Event: Digitorium Digital Humanities Conference
When: Thursday, October 13 – Saturday, October 15, 2022
Where: University of Alabama/Online Hybrid
We’re very excited to invite proposals for Digitorium 2022, a multi-disciplinary Digital Humanities conference held at The University of Alabama from October 13-15th, 2022. We seek proposals from a range of digital humanities researchers, including those who are brand new to the field, graduate students, practitioners, and experienced scholars. Proposals should demonstrate how we, as digital humanists, can engage with communities and share our scholarship and pedagogy in new, inclusive, and innovative ways, using digital methods.
This year, our theme is “The Way We Learn.” Research questions driving proposals should focus around one or more of these questions:
- How are we teaching digital humanities?
- Who is teaching digital humanities?
- What strategies have you used to reach your audiences in promoting digital humanities?
- How have digital pedagogies and methods changed the way you teach and learn?
- How are digital humanities practitioners learning new strategies for teaching?
We welcome creativity in your proposals! If you have any questions about whether your proposal might fit, please contact us at email@example.com.
Participants can submit proposals that engage with one of the following:
- Digital Pedagogy: presentations on using digital methods for innovative approaches to teaching at any level.
- State of the Field: presentations focusing on the state of the field of digital humanities.
- Reflections on Practice: presentations reflecting on teaching and learning with digital humanities
- Digital Methods: presentations that use digital methods to further scholarship in established fields or highlight new and exciting areas in their research subjects.
- Public Scholarship: presentations on utilizing digital methods to engage the public through institutions such as universities, libraries, and museums.
Presentations include a variety of formats for the conference, but they are not limited to those listed below. For example, presentations could be:
- 20 minute papers
- Workshops where the presenter teaches a digital method or tool (let us know what the specifications are for the workshop)
- Completed or in-progress project demonstrations
- Panel discussions
Submissions are open for Digitorium 2022 until June 30th, 2022.
All proposals should be made via the Submissions page on the conference website.
Feel free to contact the ADHC at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions.
Please visit our website for more information as it becomes available regarding the plenary speakers, the venue, and the departments generously offering their support for Digitorium 2022.