Through the ADHC, faculty, staff, and advanced students can explore digital resources, reflect on the possibilities and challenges of new technologies, consult with experts about project development and digital research, and collaborate on innovative research and teaching projects. We also host events, such as workshops, talks, and lunch discussions, for those interested in learning more about the field of digital humanities and those already involved in digital work. UA faculty, staff, and graduate students may register to access the space for project work after reviewing our policies.
Our mission is to:
- Encourage and engage faculty and graduate students in art, humanities, and performing arts digital research.
- Support exploration and application of technology to arts and humanities research and teaching.
- Provide a venue for collaborative development and hosting of research projects.
- Foster interdisciplinary approaches to digital research questions.
- Feature prominent digital scholars in colloquia.
- Facilitate new research agendas.
- Participate in international standards and best practices.
- Conduct research on digital humanities research.
- Enhance collaboration among library faculty and scholars.
- Provide opportunities to collaborate on grant funding or seeking other sources of financial support.
Environment and Equipment: Gorgas Library Room 109A includes the following equipment:
- Four collaboration iMac (27″) workstations,
- Four instruction iMac (21.5″) workstations (area includes a SmartBoard),
- One 65″ multi-touch interactive monitor driven by a Dell workstation,
- Two HD, high lumen video projectors driven by a Mac Pro workstation,
- Two Egan Wall project and write surfaces,
- One conference table (seating up to eight people), and
- Specialized software:
- Adobe Creative Suite 5, Web Premium
- Auto Desk AutoCAD 2011
- ESRI ArcGIS
- Google SketchUP Pro 7
- <oXygen/ > xml editor
- Large-format flatbed
- 8.5 X 11 with sheet feeder
- VHS digitization equipment,
- Audio cassette digitization equipment,
- Bose sound reinforcement with wireless standard and lapel mics,
- LifeSize video conferencing,
- Skype video conferencing
*All furniture is re-configurable, and all Macs run OSX and Windows 7. Annual Report Learn about our accomplishments, current projects, and future goals in the 2014 Annual Report Infographic (PDF 500 KB).